If the eligibility criteria are met, the FreeStyle Libre 2 system is covered by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Please contact your physician for a prescription at it a requirement for the FreeStyle Libre 2.
- Veteran requires intensive insulin treatment, 3 or more times a day, or insulin pump to achieve desired glycaemic control.
- Veteran has been using a blood glucose monitor (BGM) and is a frequent tester. (4 or more times a day)
- Veteran agrees to ongoing medical appointments every 6 months. (or more frequently as clinician recommended)
Must also meet 1 Clinical Criteria:
- Inability to meet desired control despite adherence to the prescribed treatment regimen.
- Inability to perform self-monitoring blood glucose (SMBG) by fingerstick due to disease or disability that is supported by appropriate medical record documentation.
- Job -related activities in which hypoglycemic events can result in injury.
- Pre-conception planning/pregnancy.