- How to Use Freestyle Lite?
- Pros and Cons
- Freestyle Lite Meter
- Freestyle lite strips
- Freestyle Lite Manual
- Freestyle libre 3 Better Option
Freestyle Lite is an excellent product of Abbott primarily designed for diabetic patients to test their blood sugar levels comfortably. Using this device, you can easily find out whether your blood glucose level is high. You can also take appropriate managerial actions accordingly. It is an excellent device that helps plan appropriate action for treating diabetes.
The device is significantly compact, and you can take it anywhere. Diabetic patients are primarily concerned about being aware of their condition when travelling far from their homes. Freestyle Freedom Lite has resolved this problem by allowing you to monitor your sugar levels wherever you want.
How to Use Freestyle Lite?
The mechanism for using this tool is quite simple. All you need to do is to prick your finger with a pin. However, it would help if you used a sterilized pin for this purpose. You should also clean the skin surface with the help of an alcohol swab appropriately. After this, you can prick your finger. You need only one drop of your blood. Drip it on the sensor strip that is attached to the reader. The reader will display your blood glucose level on its monitor.
Pros and Cons
Freestyle Lite is a blessing for diabetic patients who want to eliminate their disease. However, this device has its pros and cons that must never be avoided by users. Here, we have discussed some of this splendid device’s most common pros and cons.
- Concise and portable: The Freestyle Lite system is small and portable, making it easy to carry wherever you go.
- No coding required: Unlike other blood glucose monitoring systems, this equipment does not require coding, which means there is less room for error.
- Quick and easy testing: With a short five-second testing time, this device allows for efficient and painless testing.
- Easy-to-read display: The large display of this BGM system makes reading your blood glucose levels easy.
- Small blood sample size: The strips require only a tiny blood sample, making it less painful and more comfortable for users.
- Good accuracy: It is an accurate device compared to laboratory blood glucose measurements.
- No interference from common substances: The Freestyle Lite is unaffected by acetaminophen, which can interfere with other glucose monitoring systems.
- Data storage: It stores up to 400 readings, making tracking your blood glucose levels over time easy.
- High and low glucose level alarms: This device has built-in alarms that alert you when your blood glucose levels are too high or too low.
- Easy to use: This BGM is easy to use, with simple instructions that can be comfortably followed.
- Cost: This system can be expensive, especially if you do not have insurance coverage. Therefore, you must see your budget before purchasing it.
- Test strips are expensive: The test strips for this system are also relatively expensive, which can be a financial burden for some users.
- No Bluetooth connectivity: The Freestyle Freedom Lite does not have Bluetooth connectivity, which means it cannot be connected to a smartphone or other device for data tracking.
- No continuous glucose monitoring: It is not a continuous glucose monitoring system, which means it cannot track your blood glucose levels throughout the day.
- No mealtime insulin dosing: It does not provide recommendations for mealtime insulin dosing, meaning users will need to calculate this independently.
- Requires battery replacement: It requires regular battery replacement, which can be inconvenient for some users.
- No backlit display: The display on this device is not backlit, making it difficult to read in low-light conditions.
- No downloadable data: While the Freestyle Lite stores data, it cannot be downloaded for further analysis.
- Limited testing sites: It can only be used for testing on the fingers, which may be uncomfortable for some users.
- User error: Like any blood glucose monitoring system, user error can affect the accuracy of the readings, even with the no-coding feature.
Freestyle Lite Meter
The Freestyle Lite Meter is a compact and user-friendly blood glucose monitoring system. This device provides accurate readings quickly and easily, making it an essential tool for those needing to monitor their blood glucose regularly.
The Meter is designed with convenience and portability in mind. It comes with a lot of features that can be beneficial for the users. Some of them are as follows:
- It is small enough to fit in a pocket or purse and comes with a compact carrying case for easy transport.
- The device features a large, easy-to-read display screen that shows your blood glucose level in just five seconds.
- Freestyle lite glucose meter also has a backlight for easy reading in low light conditions and a test strip ejector for easy and hygienic disposal of used strips.
- The screen also displays the date and time, making it easy to track your readings.
- One of the key features of the Freestyle Lite Meter is its no-coding technology. You don’t need to enter a code to calibrate the device before use, which can be a hassle with other blood glucose monitors.
- The device also requires a tiny blood sample size, which makes testing less painful and more convenient.
- It can store up to 400 readings, which allows you to track your blood glucose levels over time and spot trends.
Freestyle Lite Strips
Freestyle Lite strips are test strips designed to be used with the Freestyle Lite Meter, a blood glucose monitoring system. These strips are essential for people with diabetes who must monitor their blood sugar levels regularly.
Strips of this BGM system are very easy to use. Insert one into the meter and apply a small drop of blood to the strip. The meter then reads the strip, which displays your blood glucose level in just five seconds. The strip uses a small blood sample size, making testing less painful and more convenient. In addition to their accuracy and convenience, Freestyle Lite strips are very hygienic.
One of the key features of Freestyle Lite strips is their no-coding technology. The strips are also designed to be very accurate, with a margin of error of only +/- 10%. The strips of this device come in a compact, easy-to-carry container that makes them convenient to use on the go. Each container contains 50 strips, which provides a sufficient supply for several weeks of testing.
Freestyle Lite Manual
The Freestyle Lite Manual is a guidebook that comes along with the Freestyle Lite Meter. The manual provides instructions on how to use the device and interpret its readings, as well as information on maintenance and troubleshooting. The manual starts with an overview of the device’s key features and components.
It then provides step-by-step instructions on setting up and using the device, including calibrating it, inserting a test strip, and obtaining a blood sample. The manual also includes information on interpreting the device’s readings and what to do if your blood glucose level is too high or too low.
In addition to instructions on how to use the device, the Freestyle Lite Manual provides tips on maintaining and troubleshooting the device. It includes information on how to clean the device, replace the battery, and store it properly. The manual also provides troubleshooting tips for common issues that may arise while using the device, such as error messages or inaccurate readings.
Buy Freestyle Libre 3 A Better Option
Although Freestyle Freedom lite is a remarkable device. However, it has its drawbacks as we have discussed earlier. However, most of these disadvantages are addressed by Abbott and they have launched a new device named Freestyle Libre 3.
It is a continuous glucose monitor that is popular for its compact design and real-time blood glucose data. You can buy freestyle Libre 3 from cgmmonitors. We offer free shipping and market competitive product prices that does not burden your budget.
Freestyle Lite is a highly beneficial device for diabetic patients. The prime purpose of this tool is to check your blood glucose levels. For this purpose, it requires a simple protocol in which you have to prick your skin and take some blood out. Drip a tiny drop on the strips.
The strips attached to the sensor will monitor and display your blood sugar level on the meter. Freestyle Freedom Lite comes with its pros, such as; It is concise, accurate, easy to use and easy to read. However, it also comes with some cons, including; high cost if not covered by your insurance, the battery needs replacement, no wireless connections possible, etc.